OCTAGON ARTICLES OF ENDURING INTEREST (Click title)
1. OCTAGONE - or A RIDE DOWN MEMORY LANE
by Elaine Hamilton who, while archiving the articles from past Octagons came across these interesting snippets of information from years past.
3. AUSTRALIA'S FASTEST SQUARE RIGGER
by Lionel Ayers (of his racing TC) Published August 2008. The early racing days of one of Queensland's, and the Club's, most successful racing drivers.
5. LIFE MEMBERSHIP OF CAMS FOR ANN THOMSON (Reproduced from the Octagon of April 2009.) Following a lifetime of dedication to the MG Car Club of Qld Inc and to CAMS, Ann Thomson was awarded CAMS life membership for remarkable and exemplary service.
7. THE COLLINS CONNECTION
by Pat and Desley Collins (Published Aug 2007). Find out about the connections this family has with the Club and discover the secret past of our webmistress.
13. MEMORIES … by Tom Storrie (Pub 2005).
An intriguing article about the testing of Kerry Horgan's Customline at Lowood in 1963.
4. ORIGINS OF THE SACRED OCTAGON
by Graeme Walker and KNITTING PATTERN for the Octagon by Delia Rayment. (published 2006)
10. THE LAKES' MGA STORY by David Lake, the Restorer's apprectice. (Pub Oct 2006). The story of the family's 5791 day restoration project.
17. Y TO THE WEST & BACK - by Peter and Delia Rayment's account of their trip to the 2016 National Meeting in Perth in their MGY.
18. KEN EBELING'S MOTORING STORY - This is comprised of fourteen chapters and will give the reader insight into motoring, the early history of the Club and its events plus the documentation of many results of events put on by our Club and others. The chapters are:
3. An MG at Emerald [Part 1] [Part 2]
5. My second MG
9. Competition in the TR2 1956
11. Motor sport involvement starts to taper off
2. My first car [Part 1] [Part 2]
4. A taste of competition in the MG TC
6. More TF competition [Part 1] [Part 2]
10. Competition in the TR2 1957
12. Motoring into the sixties and seventies
For Sale now in Classifieds